Saturday, December 3, 2011

Turkey Day!

Here is what happened on Thanksgiving:

I found out last minute that my upright smoker needs a new part and is out of commission. This is why I ended up having to smoke the turkey on my Weber Kettle.

This was kind of scary, since I've never done it before, so I asked for some tips from my good friends at the Barbecue Bible forum. Everyone was very helpful.


I started by injecting some marinade and covering the turkey with Steven's Jamaican Jerk Spice Paste.



 I set up the turkey for indirect cooking using the Minion Method.



I used a combination of soaked cherry wood and dry hickory.



The end result was a wonderfully smoked turkey that was still juicy and tender.  I was absolutely delicous. To accompany it, I made a Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce.




1 comment:

LisaB said...

Wow. I am amazed. I had no idea you had such talent or were such a connoisseur of barbeque. What an enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing. Lisa